Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It goes both ways...

When Michael was about 3, we introduced him to Star Wars in hopes that he would find a new hobby that didn't involve dress-ups and princesses. Bekah was constantly dressing him up in her princess dresses, and although he made a darling Snow White, we had higher aspirations for our little guy. There have been times that we've questioned our decision, since Mikey became obsessed with all things Star Wars. Those of you who know him well, can attest to the fact that everything can be turned into a light saber. Well, it seems that he has moved on to bigger and better things: Super Heroes... Spiderman, the Fantastic Four, and the X-Men. (all old cartoon versions, of course)


But, never fear... there is still a padawan in our midst! I found it extremely humorous, and incredibly adorable, when I walked in on Ally the other morning by herself in Michael's room. She had climbed up on his bed, as I'm sure she's seen him do a thousand times, and was playing with Michael's Star Wars guys on the headboard. She was even making "psshh, psshh" sounds for the lightsabers. I guess what comes around goes around. Bekah taught Michael the ways of the princesses, and Michael taught Ally the was of the Jedi. At least it seems more socially acceptable going in this direction!


7 comments:

Sheri said...

How cute. I wished we lived closer so we could see you and get to know your kids better!!!

Jodi Gallagher said...

My kids are into the superheros too! Bry loves the sing along spiderman. Wish we'd see you this summer! Love ya and miss you guys!

Michelle said...

Hey! I came across your blog through Kendra's blog! Fun to see how big your kids are and that you're doing so well out there!
Love ya!

LindaO said...

How cute! I love it!

John and Crystal Pinegar Family said...

Princesses and super heros. Sounds like our house! Now my kids play the two at the same time. Fun, fun, fun.

David and Jana said...

I love it! There aren't enough girl Jedi's out there anyway.:)

Stephanie said...

Wow, your family has grown and everyone looks great! You should be able to just reply to my comment straight to my email. :) I don't think I have your current one. So glad to reconnect!!