Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Funnies from the kiddos...

Michael on MLK day:

Mike: Mom, I know whey we have MLK day.
Me: Why?
Mike: Because the white people did things the black people didn't like and the black people did things that the white people didn't like and then they couldn't do play together.
Me: Yep.
Mike: If I lived back then I wouldn't have been able to play with Drake. (Drake is the tallest white kid in his class)
Me: Oh buddy, you could have played with Drake. Drake isn't black.
Mike: I know, but I am. You know, my skin is so dark. I couldn't have played with you either.
Me: (Totally trying not to laugh) Why couldn't you have played with me?
Mike: Because you're not black either.

Ally kissing Lucy on the head:

"Mom, I love her fur"

Ally while riding in the car and listening to the radio:

"Mom, is this Uncle Cracker?" How does she know that???

Bekah at FHE while talking about Easter and what different things represent:

Jeff: Why do you think we use eggs at Easter? What could they represent?
Bekah: I don't know
Jeff: Well, what do eggs turn into?
Bekah: Scrambled eggs?

5 comments:

David and Jana said...

Oh my goodness! How did I miss these? I just thought of checking your blog just in case! I love the pictures and the funny sayings, its great that you recorded them! I think Lucy looks like you!! How sweet is that!
Yes, Mary is a year old and we finished nursing about a week ago. I LOVE it. finally fitting into my smaller clothes. Have you seen our blog lately? I've been posting a little more often. It so good to see your kids, I'd love to see more of you!

April said...

Yay!!! I love the posts! They make me so excited that we get to see you in a few months! Little Lucy is getting so big! So adorable! I love your conversation with Mike. That made me laugh pretty hard! What a funny kid!

John said...

the only thing I can think of eggs represent our bekah's favorite food.bekah go get on you email,read my comment,and respond

Jodi Gallagher said...

Love it! I love the things kids say! Can't wait to see you guys in two weeks! :)

Yayi said...

hahahaha amazing!!! I laughed sooo hard!!!