Sunday, July 26, 2009

So long, farewell....

Yesterday afternoon I sent Ally to the bathroom to wash her hands. A few minutes later she shut the bathroom door. She does this about 2-3 times a day when she takes her hairdo out and sprays it with the spray bottle until it's drenched. I guess she doesn't want me watching. I assumed that was what she was doing. About 10 minutes later, I had run downstairs to get something, she comes walking down the stairs with a big, shy grin on her face. I about DIED! She had taken the scissors to her beautiful, long, thick locks. I didn't know what to say. When she saw my face she started crying. I felt bad, so I tried to pull myself out of shock and figure out what to do. I went into the bathroom to find a garbage can and a sink full of hair. She had butchered it so badly that it had to be taken care of right then and by a professional (not me!) It was 5:00 on Saturday, so most salons were closed. I finally found somewhere that was open and she now sports a short bob that is still a little uneven on the left side, but I didn't want it all cut as short as she had cut it because I want it to grow back out and the sooner the better. Below are the pictures of the episode. Good thing she has such a darling little face!













9 comments:

Skeeutopia said...

Oh LINSEE! What a day! She really has the cutest face that any do will do. But I think the cut is so cute, regardless of the circumstances. I think every mother has to face that at some point. I know I'm surrounded by boys, but if any of children did that I think I would cry a little and not really be able to pull it together for their sake. What can I say? I love their hair. I'm sure we would all live, but I don't think I have the same strength you do. Good for you Linsee. Miss you!

LindaO said...

Oh my gish! I was in shock when I saw the first picture! I do love the bob though. She looks super cute in it!

Jodi Gallagher said...

I would of died! But she does look so cute with the short hair! I cried when Bry did it to his curly hair but he's a boy.... I'm glad you were O.K with it cause I probally would of flipped....

Robin said...

Oh no! She is so stinkin cute even with it short. Yeah, I would have honestly died. You handled it well. Good for you! I think she is such a doll anyways. :)

EVANS in the "D" said...

So sad, I don't know what I will do because it is bound to happen someday. I don't think it will matter if it is Jack or Jess. I think the tears will flow equally! She too cute for it too matter what her hair looks like, and it doesn't look bad.

Sarah said...

Wow! You are lucky she didn't cut her ear or something! I think the bob is totally cute on her though. Beautiful family photos too!

April said...

I swear every little girl tries that atleast once or twice. It makes you want to put all sissors in a vault! She still looks adorable with it short! It's a good thing her hair is so thick so that it can hide some of the shorter chops:)

mali said...

Oh NO! Madi did the same thing when she was 5.
I have to say Ally looks adorable with her new hair. She looks very proud too!

Crystal said...

That's awesome! Bringing the mullet back! Ali you should have kept the mullet!
Ben