Monday, July 28, 2008

One of these things is not like the other...

Can you spot the differences between the following two pictures?



If you said missing wheels, you were right! What about the next set?


Oh, you're so good at this game! Yep, missing Nav screen and stereo!

This is how we found Jeff's car on Saturday as we made our way from the Detroit Science Center. We figure it probably took the %&*^%$'s under 5 minutes to take off the wheels, smash the window and make off with the stereo/DVD player/Nav screen, oh, and Jeff's ipod. We spent the rest of the afternoon trying to find a Detroit City Cop, waiting for a tow truck, and hitching a ride back home. We spent the evening being angry at this miserable city that we have to call "home."

Let it be said that this was a VERY busy street that we were parked on! It was Saturday afternoon and there were tons of pedestrians, and we were in what the champions of reviving ol' D-Rot call the "New Center" right across from the Science Center, Wayne State, the African American Cultural Center, and the acclaimed DIA. Someone HAD TO HAVE witnessed this atrocity.

As a few days have passed, we're just glad that we were all safe and really, other than the ipod, it was just more of a HUGE inconvenience. We even missed the Dark Knight and dinner date we had planned with friends.

Oh, and if any of you are thinking, "didn't that happen to him before?" you are right! During Jeff's internship 4 years ago, he went outside to find his borrowed Cadillac up on blocks.

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

OH. MY. WORD. !!!! You guys need to seriously consider moving to Indianapolis. :)

EVANS in the "D" said...

Oh my gosh!! Thats is ridiculous. I'm gald you guys are okay. Sometimes I think.."really Detroit, really, honestly really."

PS Drak night was a really great movie!

Heather said...

Seriously! I thought the grey weather here in Seattle was bad. Guess I will have to stop complaining :)

Sheri said...

Wow - how horrible to have that happen while you are out and about. And even more frustrating that no one called and reported it. You could always move to our neck of the woods, except our car has been broken into twice - once at the church and once in our driveway....

Skeeutopia said...

Oh Linsee!! I'm so sorry to hear about that! That is an atrocity. That really is too depressing that no one thought to call it in. I blame Kwame. What kind of leader can he be with him being a crooked politician and all. A horrible example and really no way to lead the city out of the hole it's in. So sorry that you had to be the victim. I really feel awful for you and your family. Nothing like reality rearing its ugly head to remind us that we are a blessed people, though. I hope you can see the light through this darkness. Such a yucky situation.

Jodi Gallagher said...

Dang....That really stinks! I'm glad you guys weren't harmed! I've never had my car broken into so I think you should move back to Utah!!!! LOL
Thats crazy that nobody called it in and reported it! What jerks....

Melissa@thebblog said...

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! What a cruddy end to a trip out of the house! I am putting my vote in with Jodi for a move back to Utah!!!

Tiffany Jones said...

That is awful! It would be enough to make me really mad!

LindaO said...

Oh my gosh!?!?! Do you live in the hood???? Perhaps you shoudl move back to Salt Lake. Say the word and I'll start hosue shopping for you!

David and Jana said...

Hey, it's Gotham! Where is that Dark Knight when you need him, huh? That is so sad. I bet it was so frustrating. I loved the chair on wheels. How funny. We love you guys and hope everything has worked out since then.

Robin said...

oh my word. that is absolutely terrible. I'm so sorry! :(

Brent Kynaston said...

Oh no Jeff! I'm so sorry to hear that. How frustrating! It's so disappointing when someone steals, especially when it's such a critical asset! We've had things stolen from us recently and it hurt our feelings, but it wasn't this trying - We feel for you guys!

In my minds eye I can't fathom the possibility that no bystanders witnessed the incident. However, upon further thought this is Detroit... I bet that once they saw what was going on they joined in to lend a hand and search for valuables as well!

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

I'm sorry about your car! I can't believe that happened on such a busy street!